A favourite stage regulator. This high-performance regulator boasts an over-balanced first stage coupled with a pneumatically balanced second stage.
Suitable for coldwater use thanks to its first stage environmental dry seal and second stage heat exchanger.
- Uses the DS4 first stage
- Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- 1 HP port and 4 MP ports are available.
- An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination out.
- Available in DIN and yoke.
- Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing.
- The large purge button on the ATX40 is easy to operate even with thick gloves.
- The integrated venturi control provides a performance boost at depth while preventing unwanted freeflow at the surface.
- An extremely efficient exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator.
- The Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
- Offers a compact, integrated exhaust tee.